mask

mask

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Movies


 Last weekend, I went to see “The Fault in Our Stars” with the Boy, his two friends, and the mom of one of the friends.  I didn’t really know anything about the movie, but I knew it was a tear-jerker.  The other mom brought a box of tissue for us.  I hadn’t actually planned on seeing the movie until it came out on Netflix, but I was invited, so I went.

It was a cute movie and I shed a few tears, but it wasn’t the sob story that I thought it would be or that people made it out to be.  Maybe, it’s because I figured out the plot twist early on or maybe because the characters just weren’t grabbing me.  This is not to say I didn’t like or enjoy the movie; I did.  I just feel like my original idea of watching it on Netflix was the better choice.  And, I probably would have cried more if I watched it on Netflix.

This brings me to my take on movies.  If the movie has a lot of special effects, then it needs to be seen on big screen.  This would include, the Marvel movies, action/ adventure, and specialty movies.  I also throw in the occasional comedy or love story on big screen.  Otherwise, I wait for Netflix or cable (when I have it).

I love movies and would watch them 24/7 if I could.  I can always find something I like . . . I’m easily entertained.  And, I can watch some movies over and over . . . Channing Tatum anyone?

Until next time, much peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment