mask

mask

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Distracted Drving

Ok, so I'm one of those people who hate when I see other people talking on the phone or texting while driving.  When I say talking, I mean holding the phone to their ear.  I personally use either blue tooth headset or now that I have a nicer car, it's Bluetooth connect to the car.  And I never text and drive.  When I'm using GPS, I put in the directions before I leave and I seldom have to search for directions on the fly . . . if I do, I have talk to text.

I broke my own damn rule on this road trip.  I was sitting in a very long line of traffic and not moving, so I started making my motel reservation.  No big deal since I wasn't moving.  The problem came when the line began to move a little bit.  In the blink of an eye, I ran into not one but two big orange barrel thingies.  Luckily, I wasn't going fast and just scraped by.  But . . . it served a very important lesson to both me and the Boy.

My front fender is somewhat scraped up, but will probably buff out fairly easily.  It pisses me off though that I have to even buff it though.  I didn't have to make that reservation right then and there.  It could have waited or the Boy could have finished putting in the information for me . . . as he did anyway.

I have to think that this was a big warning to me to pay attention and drive right, setting a good example for the kid.  I've been doing so for awhile, but I slipped up and did the texting while driving thing.  It was super scary and I won't do it again.  The Boy says, "Did we learn our lesson?"  Hell yeah we did.  So hopefully, you will learn from my lesson so you don't have to experience it yourself.

Until next time, much peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment