mask

mask

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Appliance Fail


I came home from the movies this past weekend and started my housework.  I got the first load of laundry in the washer and found that my washing machine is kaput.  It doesn’t agitate or spin anymore.  Now, it is probably a cheap and/or easy fix, but I have no time, inclination, or energy to fix it.  So, I put the next two loads in the washing machines on the property.  We have a small laundry room that is clean and relatively cheap.

The first load (in my broken washer) rinsed fairly well, so I put it in my dryer.  I figured I would
wash the other loads in the laundry room and then dry in my dryer.  Guess what?!  Yup –my dryer stopped working, too!  It ran for an hour and the knob didn’t move at all and there was no heat.  So . . . I hung up a lot of clothes to dry all throughout my apartment and dried one load in the laundry room.  Oh yeah . . . I didn’t have enough quarters and didn’t want to go get any.

So, for the next few months, I’ll be doing laundry in the laundry room.  I don’t have room in the budget for a new washer and dryer.  I also don’t know if I actually one them at this point.  I’ll make that determination when I figure out what I want to do in the next three years (when the Boy graduates).

Of course, I could have gone out and bought a brand new washer and dryer if someone hadn’t screwed me out of my money.  I can’t keep harping on that, but things keep coming up that I wouldn’t have had to worry about if I had the money we agreed upon.  Oh well—this subject has been talked to death and I’m not going to dwell on it.

Until next time, much peace and love (and not too much laundry).

No comments:

Post a Comment