mask

mask

Monday, March 31, 2014

Unsubscribe

So, like most people (I think), I tend to subscribe to email thingies all the time.  Either there is something cool I'm looking at and need to subscribe or a friend sends a link to "save money."  Either way, I get a shitload of emails.  I've finally started changing subscriptions around to go to different email accounts for various reasons and that's working pretty well; however, I'm still getting a shitload of emails that I automatically delete.  So, I recently started using the "unsubscribe" button.  Halleluia!  It works! Well, sort of .

Do you remember the Friends episode where Chandler wanted to quit the gym and Ross went along for moral support, then Chandler and Ross both wanted to quit the gym, but were stuck with the monthly auto withdrawals, so they decided to quit the bank, and then ended up with a joint account?

Or maybe, you've had the experience of purchasing something on a credit card and then trying to get a refund.  They sure as shit take that payment out of your account immediately, but getting the refund?  Ha!  It takes 7-10 business days!

So, unsubscribing is kinda like these two situations.  Most of the emails are done, but several took a few days to stop sending me anything.  They even said that it could be 7-10 business days to stop receiving them, because they were already "in the queue."  Ha!  I kept unsubscribing on every email, even though I had already done so on the same companies.  I think they got the point.

On some though, I actually had to log in to accounts.  Mind you, these are accounts I didn't set up.  I didn't have usernames and passwords, so in order to stop the emails, I would have to create user names and passwords.  WTF?!  Um . . . NO!  So, for those, I just designated as SPAM.  Buh bye.

Funny thing though . . . now that I've cleaned up the email solicitations, I kinda miss all the email.  Oh well . . . there's always blogs I can subscribe to.  LOL!

Until next time, much peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment