mask

mask

Monday, March 24, 2014

Co-Ed Sleepovers

I always said when I was younger that I would allow my kid to have co-ed sleepovers.  I never understood my parents not letting me have my guy friends sleep over, especially if it was a big group of us.  It just never made sense.  Yes, I understood they were worried that we would have sex, but seriously . . . we weren't even at that stage.  So, being the true kid/teen that I was, I swore things would be different.

Then, I had my own kid.  And I swore I would never let him have co-ed sleepovers.  Are you kidding me?  These little hussies today are way more wild than I ever was.  Then, he had his first co-ed sleepover . . . he was 5 or 6.  Ok, at that age, parents are on constant alert to make sure they don't get hurt.  No big deal.  And then he was 7, then 8, then 9 or 10, then puberty hits.  All of a sudden, we're talking hormones.  But guess what?  The Boy and his friends are a lot smarter than my friends and I were.  They don't want to have sex . . . at least not with each other.  So, I allow it.

Then there is the fact that my son is gay.  He knew from a very young age that he wasn't interested in girls.  It hasn't been a problem . . . yet.  His two best male friends sleep over all the time and he sleeps over there too.  One of the boys is gay and the other . . . well, we'll see.  But, they aren't into each other, so no problems.

My concern now . . . what happens when the Boy has a boyfriend and wants the boyfriend to sleep over?  Shit!!!  I don't want to be "that mom" that says no, because he's your boyfriend.  On the other hand, I don't want to convey the idea that they can get their groove on in my house.  So, I guess, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it and have a serious talk with him when it happens.

Anyway, I guess I don't mind the co-ed sleepovers because these kids have all grown up together and are like big puppies.  In fact, when they all crash, it's like a big old puppy pile.  Nothing sexual, just they all end up in the same spot, fully clothed and sleeping hard.

Ah youth. . .I envy them sometimes. To be so free and young.  They seriously have a good thing going on.

Anyway.  Until next time, much peace and love.

2 comments:

  1. I was able to get around this issue by having their boyfriend or girlfriend sleep in a different room with the other sibling. My oldest son's girlfriend slept in the bedroom with my daughters and my daughter's boyfriend slept in the same room as my son. No telling though what went on in the middle of the night when I was fast asleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since he's an only child, I don't think that solution will work. LOL! Probably just won't allow only the boyfriend on a sleepover--it has to be a group. Hmm . . . does that mean I'm encouraging group sex? LMAO!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete