mask

mask

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maya Angelou

I woke up this morning to find that one of my idols, a great woman, a wonderful person, and major contributor to society,  civil rights activist. . . The list goes on . . . Maya Angelou is dead at 86.

I don't usually get caught up in celebrity drama. . . When various actors have died, I may feel sorry for the or family, but I'm not crying over them. Maya on the other hand, I read through my Facebook feed with tears rolling down my face. I started googling all the news stories. Yes, she was old, but what a loss.

She was a major influence on my "growing up" and becoming the woman I am today. So I say to you, Ms. Angelou, you will be missed, but your legacy will live on. You are the ultimate Phenomenal Woman.

Until next time, much peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment