mask

mask

Monday, May 12, 2014

Fighting for Everything

There are days that I feel like I’m fighting for every single thing in my life.  It’s as if nothing wants to go smoothly or easily.  I fight to make sure the bills are paid, I fight to make sure my kid is doing what he needs to do, I fight for my position at work, I fight with companies about my bills, I fight fleas for my dog.  You get the picture.  I’m tired of fighting.  I just want things to go smoothly.

So, I’m going to take a deep breath and let it out.  I’m going to take a longer look at the issues and decide if a battle is worth fighting.  This is something that I’ve usually done.  Review the issue to see if it is worth my while.  I take this tactic with my parenting.  Some things, while I don’t condone them, are not worth the daily battle.

I’m not sure why, all of a sudden, everything is a battle, but, I suspect it has something to do with menopause.  My hormones are out of whack, hence more hot flashes, difficulties with appetite control (refer to yesterday’s blog), irritability, and most importantly I don’t sleep.

I’ve kind of figured out the sleep thing.  I’ve just started embracing it.  When I’m tired or sleepy, I sleep or rest.  When I can’t sleep, I get up and do something productive.  My housework tends to get done in the middle of the night now and everything in my place is so totally organized.  I’m an organizational freak, so this actually works for me. 

The only thing that I’m still having a problem with, because of not sleeping,  is getting my work done at work.  I used to be an early bird.  Over the last few years, I’m not as much of an early bird, but still, my morning hours are my productive hours.  These days, my morning hours are not productive at all and somewhere around 2, 3, or 4 pm, I start getting really productive.  This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I end up not leaving the office until 7 or 8 at night.  Again, that’s not necessarily bad either as I miss a lot of nasty traffic.  So, I guess, it’s not that big a deal, I’m just learning to do things differently, instead of battling.


Until next time, much peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment