mask

mask

Thursday, April 3, 2014

One Year Later

It was one year ago today that I filed for divorce.  The funny thing is, I didn't even remember this "anniversary" of sorts.  It wasn't until my sis sent me a message about finding the letter she wrote her husband that I was reminded of this.  She had written her letter on April 1st and then waited a few days to tell him, so it wouldn't be an April Fool's thing.  I did the same thing when I filed.  I was ready to go do it on April 1st and realized that might be bad luck, so I waited until the 3rd.

I've been thinking about this for a couple of hours now and I cannot for the life of me dredge up anything bad about having gotten divorced.  Maybe the "failure" aspect, but I didn't fail alone, and did everything I could to try and save the marriage, so that doesn't count either.

Since I've been divorced or actually since I filed for divorce, I've been a happier person.  I've gone back to my roots and I'm still in the process of discovering and rediscovering me and who I am.  I like me.  In fact, I love me.  I've posted about a lot of the crappy stuff that happened before, during, and after the divorce, and I'm away from all the ugliness.

So, a year later, I'm still on the road of self discovery and I'm happy.  I hope to remain on that road the rest of my journey in this lifetime.  We should never stop discovering and learning what it is that makes us tick, what makes us happy, what makes us mad, what makes us sad.  If we do, we stagnate and I did that for 25 years.  In fact, it was 25 years of my prime. 

Honestly, I can't say that I would change anything, because the time space continuum doesn't work that way.  However, if I could still have my beautiful child, fantastic career, and best friends and family ever, I would possibly make a few changes if the time travel arose.  But, if I couldn't still have that, I'd still travel the road I did and learn the lessons I learned and be ok with it.

Until next time, much peace and love.

2 comments:

  1. One of the few things I've done and don't have any regrets over is my divorce. When it's right, it's right.

    ReplyDelete