- Single: You would think this is automatic if a guy is dating. Turns out, not so much. So, they have to prove to me that they are single.
- Employed: I spent 25 years with an unemployed "man." I'll never do that again. It's demoralizing for both parties.
- Age: My cut off is technically 45, but I'll entertain down to 43 if he is mature enough. This means high school class of 1989 at the latest. Younger than that is a booty call.
- Make same or more money than me: This might make me sound like a gold digger, but honestly, a man that makes less than the woman usually (I said usually) can't handle it. He feels emasculated and it leads to problems.
- Genuine: Seriously, don't play games with me and don't lie to me. It's that simple.
- Spiritual: I didn't think this would be that important, but it is. I find that it is important to have a faith based relationship.
- Attentive: By all means, both parties need to have outside interests, friends, and things to do. I don't need him to be constantly focusing on me, but he has got to pay attention. By that I mean, know what I'm going through, talk to me about my day and about his day, do little things like flowers, dinner, movies, clean my car, etc.
- Local: Pretty simple-- a long distance relationship just doesn't work.
So, those are my 8 little rules for dating me. Any takers? LOL!
Until next time, much peace and love.