mask

mask

Friday, January 31, 2014

Setting New Goals


So now that January is over, it's time to reflect on the goals set on January 1st.  So far, I'm doing fairly well with my goals--reading, writing, blogging, scrapbooking, etc.  I adjusted the goals to make them more reasonable as I found myself struggling with reaching unattainable goals.  So many times when we make resolutions or goals, we set ourselves up for failure.  One of my goals is not to fail; therefore, I need to set reasonable goals.  Now, I's time to set more goals for February.

I'm not sure what I want to set as goals or even where I need to make changes, but I know that we always need to strive to do better.  I know for sure that I'll be checking out new churches (see prior post about this).  Maybe I need to reset a food or exercise goal--not both.  That's a recipe for disaster.

I think part of the problem when I set my goals is that I have these big, lofty goals and I don't take the time to figure out the baby steps to reach them.  That's what I mean by a recipe for disaster if I set both food and exercise goals at first.  I know I have to ease into my exercise, which I've done in January--and will up a bit in February.  I have had some food issues and I have to look more closely to see what is triggering the issues, instead of getting mad at myself and being pissed off about not reaching the goal.

I'm happy with my reading and writing goals.  I'm reading more and what I'm reading is more eclectic than before, too.  I'm staying on top of the blogging.  Because I figured out how to do it.  I think I will eventually create a goal of tweaking my blog sites, but for now, they're fine.  The one writing goal I haven't done as much as I would like is my journaling.  So, I'll probably work more on that in February, as well as the scrapbooking.  It too, has been a little hit and miss.

For now, I won't stress about goals, because that defeats the purpose.  I'll continue to strive to work on me and what makes me tick.

Until next time, much peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment