mask

mask

Friday, January 17, 2014

Not Enough Time to Do it All


Staying with the time theme.  There are so many things I want to do and not enough time to do them.  I used to stress out about that and try to schedule everything I can.  I got no sleep, got nothing fully accomplished, and felt like crap.  I'd make goals and resolutions each year to do better and then get frustrated when I didn't make it.

I finally learned and am still learning that I don't have to do all this crap.  I may want to, but it's not the end of the world if I don't.  Honestly, I had this epiphany just a week or two ago.  So, even though I set goals for 2014, I am constantly revising them so that I don't make myself feel like crap.  And guess what?  I'm able to do what I really want to do.  I removed the pressure from myself and I accomplish more.  I'm sure some wise person has told me this in the past or I read it somewhere, but until I actually experienced it first hand, I didn't believe.

I'll give you an example with blogging.  I run two blogs--this one and another one with my "sis."  I have a blogging schedule to follow and have had it for awhile.  Mon, Wed, Fri is this blog and Tues, Thurs, Sat is the other.  Sunday was considered a blog free day.  So--how do you think I was doing?  Exactly!  I wasn't.  So, I read a lot of blogging tips and came across one that intrigued me--pre-write your blogs.  What?  Are you kidding me?  Why would I do that?  Oh yeah . . . Because it frigging works!  So, I have started using a couple of hours on Sunday to pre-write my blogs.  I write six of them--three for each blog site, and then I post them on the appropriate days.  And guess what?  So far, it's working. 

Another example is scrapbooking.  I love to scrapbook, but I don't have time, energy, or space to do it all the time.  I would love to be able to sit down and scrapbook every day. If I could, I would have probably finished all projects by now.  As it stands, I have several years worth of scrapbooking to do to have it all done. So, now, I've set aside a time on Sunday evenings to scrapbook.  It can be 15 minutes or a couple of hours.  I focus on one book at a time--I organize all the "stuff" and figure out what I want to do with them , pulling out stickers, and papers, and "stuff" to make them really cool.  Then, I work on the pages.  When I feel like I'm done for the day, I box it all up and put it away until next week.  And guess what? So far--it's working.

So, I guess I'll just keep making and modifying these goals so that I'm comfortable.  My main goal now is to "be" rather than to "do" and it's simplifying my life. Being, instead of doing is making time my friend not my enemy.

Until next time, much love and peace . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment