mask

mask

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Where Does Time Go

I've talked about time flying and not being able to believe that I'm not 25 anymore, but I really am stuck on this time thing.  I don't know where the time goes.  Even as I write this, I realize that I've been on this blog for almost two years (February y'all!) and I can't even believe it.

I used to think that my son growing up and graduating from high school was a really long way off, but it's now only three and a half years. AND--he gets his driver's license NEXT YEAR!  Some of my friends' kids are graduating or have graduated . . . Kids that I've actually been around since they were little.  I have "baby" cousins who have "babies" and some of those "babies" are almost out of high school.  I have a niece whom I adore who is going to be 26 this year.  I have pictures of me holding her at a week old.  Where the hell does time go?

I've worked for my company for almost 24 years.  Are you kidding me?  How many people these days have worked for the same company for half their life?  And, I have no plans to leave, only to get even better.  I started as a snot nosed kid there, with no intention of staying--just wanted to pay the bills until the musician boyfriend (now ex-husband) got established in the music industry and could support us.  Um yeah . . . That didn't happen.  Eventually, I worked my way up the food chain.  That happened when I had my son and realized that I wanted to be more and show him how to be more.  I went from receptionist/secretary all the way up to Senior Underwriter/Representative.  This is the highest to go without being in management.  I may eventually want to do that too.  In the meantime, I learn as much as I can about my industry and obtain licensing to make myself a more well-rounded and valuable employee.  That all took time, but it seems like it was a blink of the eye.

 

There are so many things I want to do, places I want to go, people I want to meet . . .time is the enemy.  I wish that sometimes, I could freeze time, like in the movies, do a bunch of stuff, and then unfreeze time.  That whole time space continuum thing is tricky though.  Ah well, I'll do as much as I can and maybe I'll be able to do the rest in another life.

 

Until next time, much love and peace . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment