mask

mask

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Gentleman?

I have just had a unique experience. I'm out there dating and meeting new men.  Some have been better than others, but for the most part, they haven't really gone anywhere.  I know I have high expectations, but I refuse to lower them. I did that for too long.  So, there are times when I get extremely disappointed in the male species.

Recently though, I met a man who seems to be pretty awesome.  He seems to be up front and honest and not play games.  There are times that he doesn't pay me enough attention (read--I like attention!), but he is consistent in texting and calling fairly regularly.

He is a manly man--tall, big, strong, owns his own home, clean, organized, works a lot, rides dirt bikes, owns horses, the whole nine yards. I went to his house the first time we met and he came to mine the other night.  We spent a great evening together and I even cooked dinner for him.  Then we watched the Lakers game and he didn't yell and coach--it was fantastic.

So after all this, I didn't hear from him much on the weekend and I was kind of bummed out.  I was thinking I read him wrong and set myself up for disappointment again. So, imagine my surprise when I got home from work yesterday and had a thank you card in my mailbox from him.  I mean, who does that?  An amazing man, that's who. 

So . . . I'm trying to wrap my head around this and accept him at face value.  He's actually making it kind of easy. Now, I just have to get past the cynical instinct, the past that has colored how I see the future, and just be present in the moment.

Until next time, much love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment