mask

mask

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Hate Being Sick! Or Do I?

  I was feeling a bit achy with a sore throat when I went to bed and then, I tossed and turned half the night.  I got up an hour earlier than my alarm is set to go off and I took a hot bath.  Well, I took a luke warm bath, because after all, the first tub of the day isn't that hot.  Damn water heater!

I was going to call in sick, but realized I had a few things that absolutely had to get done or I would fret all day and not get well.  So, I tried to get to work early.  I ended up arriving only a half hour early.  Damn traffic!

I told my Bossman (I love my boss!) that I wasn't feeling well and he said he thought I was starting to get sick yesterday.  You see--he gave me my annual performance review yesterday.  It was awesome, but he's right.  By the end of our meeting, I was run down and tired.  By the time I got home, my throat was scratchy and my back was achy.  By the time I got up this morning, my cheeks, head, ears, throat, even my eyelashes hurt.  Damn sinuses!

Anyway, I did the things I needed to do.  And honestly?  They could have waited, but I had it built up in my head that I needed to get things done.  Damn work ethic!  (Nevermind that I could have done everything from my laptop at home.)  So, I left work at 11:30 am.  I got home about 12:45 pm. 

I took my Benedryl and Advil which left me stoned for the last several hours, but I finished a good book (lots of sex), watched the Lakers game (we won), and caught up on Facebook.  I even dozed a bit here and there.  So you would think that this is a good thing, right?  Wrong!

Ladies, you know how it is.  When our men are sick (men or boys), we wait on them hand and foot and pamper them.  But when we are sick, we still need to do it all ourselves.  Well, I stopped that crap a long time ago.  If I'm sick, you'd better leave me alone unless I've asked you to bring me something.

The Man did fix me dinner.  Point to him.

The Boy wanted to hang all over me and irritate the crap out of me!  Then, I told him at least 6 times to finish his homework and his responsibility list before his vocal lesson.  Tuesdays are minimum days, so he had 4 hours to do his homework and responsibility list before his vocal lesson.  He did NOTHING!  Several points minus to him.

And then . . . the Man and the Boy came into my room to ask me questions.  Apparently, they were on two different topics though, because they each kept asking questions rapidly, not allowing me to answer any of them.  I finally blew up and threw them out of my room.  Several minus points to both of them.

But now, it is quiet and my head is starting to hurt again.  I think I'll take some more of the yummy drugs and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment