mask

mask

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Maybe I Don't Have Something to Say

The more I blog/write, the more I realize I'm not really a writer, nor do I want to be.  I'm a person who likes to express some things in writing to share with others.  I don't like to work at it.  I don't have writer's block--I can always think of something to say--but I don't write.  This has been a challenge my whole life.

I said to my son recently, that if you really want something, you'll do it every day.  You'll go after it no matter the cost.  You can't live without it.  Well, I finally realized that writing is not really what I want.

It's not to say that I won't keep blogging, but it does mean that I'm not going to stress out about getting blogs posted.  Nor am I going to stress about writing that novel I always "thought I wanted to write."

No, what I really love is reading.  I want to read and read and read.  I went without reading, really reading, for a long time due to my previous relationship.  Now that I've gotten back into my reading, I won't give it up again.

So, if I don't post regularly, it's ok.  I'm reading.  And part of my reading is reading your blog, too.

Until next time, much peace and love.

1 comment:

  1. Q: Who’s the extraordinarily GODy, par excellence,
    with no expiration date …and an IQ higher than K2?
    A: Lemme tella youse a de-facto-story filled with elixir:

    High, girl.
    I gotta lotta tantalizing, mellifluous illustrations on 21 blogs…
    and I’m more than happy to share,
    to give to you what God has granted me - a steward
    in this finite existence, this lifelong demise:

    faith, hope, and love,
    the greatest of these is love -
    jump into faith...
    and you'll see with love.
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe
    (what I write);
    God believes in you, girl.
    God. Blessa. Youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL
    Meet me Upstairs where the Son never goes down…

    ReplyDelete