mask

mask

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's Just a Number, but . . .

So, I got on the scale this morning and surprisngly, I've lost 20 pounds.  Woo hoo!  As I stood there gaping at the number on the scale, I got so excited.  Of course, I stood there for a long time, savoring that number.  Why, you ask?  Well, because that 20 pound loss was after 3 days.  I got off the scale and watched it reset itself, with that message at the end . . . ERROR.  Well no shit, Sherlock.  Then I got back on it.  A 3 pound weight loss.  I'll take it.

Why do we get so hung up on a number on the scale?  I mean seriously, yes, I need to lose weight for my health, but I'm in better shape now than I was 10 years ago.  My clothes are fitting better, and I feel better.  Still, it's not enough to make me stop obsessing over that damn number.

So today's motto is . . . It's Just A Number . . . play the lotto

No comments:

Post a Comment